27 October 2008

Game 5

Monday 27 October 2008

Lisa appeared in my doorway and called, gently, as though she were interrupting a princess, 'Are you going down to watch the game?'

I nodded, still with my nose in the history book. 'Yes. In a minute.'

'Are you guys going to indulge?'

Yes-- she knows that word. It's what Jessy and I have been calling it when we choose to be naked, or even less than dressed. We'll be watching the game with everyone but J.J., who's in bed by 8.00, Mother who carries a monitor to hear his room from wherever she is, Daddy and the three of us girls. I looked up and little Lisa was rocking on her heels as she habitually does when she's embarrassed, in her black maryjanes, white socks and pink panties peeking out from under her green-and-white polo shirt. I smiled at her. 'I see you are,' I said.

She shrugged cutely. 'So... are you?'

'If you do, then I will.'

Lisa smiled ecstatically then. She adores being one of us, one of the big girls, someone who can make decisions and affect what others do. Then Jessy appeared bare-shouldered behind her. 'I'm having a shower,' she said, and met eyes with Lisa. 'I'd prefer to be clean. Do you want to join me?'

'In the shower?' little Lisa asked, impressed to have been so invited. But it's not the first time for this. Within minutes they were both in there... leaving me enough time to finish homework.

Daddy came up to check on Lisa and discovered her just as she and Jessy were emerging from the bathroom. My door was still open and I heard him say, 'Well if you're coming down to watch the game, please at least have something on.'

Jessy giggled. 'But of course, Daddy!'

Lisa giggled then too.

As it turns out they both went down to watch the game in their underwear. I put aside my almost-done homework and got into something cute and comfortable for the evening, my pale-peach-coloured set from England and my good black shoes that are like maryjanes with little heels. I descended with my snuggly blanket and stepped in to the TV room during a commercial when none of them were paying attention to the screen. 'Ta-da!' I sang, lifting my arms out and twirling on my heels.

They all laughed, even Daddy. 'At least she's wearing something,' Mother said wryly.

I took a place in the far side, beside Lisa whose feet stuck out beyond her own snuggly blanket, in her own black maryjanes. She giggled and squirmed a little closer to me.

The game proceeded and slowly became rained-out. Lisa went up to bed after the second inning when the Phillies were leading two to one. At one point I know I nodded off and woke up feeling, shall we say, somewhat uncomfortable somewhere under the blanket. The room was dark, Daddy and Mother were in the back row, and Jessy was alternately sending text-messages on her phone and watching the game. I realised that without even thinking I had started caressing myself on the front of the panties. It was pleasant and I was able to go on without letting the blanket move. For a moment I actually entertained the idea of not stopping but going inside and onwards without worrying how far it would go. But fate intervened-- Mother and Daddy got up and said they were going up stairs. I blinked and stared at the screen-- there was a torrential downpour at the ballfield and people were sweeping up puddles in the infield. 'Oh,' I said, embarrassed because I hadn't been paying attention.

'This is awful,' Jessy said, and as soon as they went out she turned to me. 'Are you all right?'

I nodded.

'I mean... are you really?'

I just turned to her and lifted my eyebrows.

She giggled at once. At that moment the Devil Rays' batter got a hit. The base runner came home. It was a tied game in the midst of a freezing deluge. 'Drat!' Jessy swore. 'This is awful!' Then came the third out and the inning was over. She got up. 'I'm going to tell Daddy. Do you want anything?'

I shook my head.

'Mm, I'm sure you don't.' She giggled again and left me alone in the room.

A little after that I happened to focus on the TV screen. Game Five of the World Series had been called for rain with the score tied in the middle of the 6th inning.

...

No comments: