27 October 2008

Lazing on a Sunday afternoon

Sunday 26 October

I don't have on any clothes. Since Thursday it's gone wet but very warm. There's been a thick fog over the Bay outside all three mornings now... today so dense that I barely saw the sun come up.

Last night was the dance for Homecoming and we (Jessy and I) got in late, so after we managed to get up for church this morning we were allowed to return home straight away and Mother made waffles for late brunch. Jessy was doing homework and listening to music on her headset when Lisa came in and fell asleep on Jessy's bed. I got all undressed to have a nap but Mother was watching Jodie Foster in 'Foxes' down stairs and she did not mind that I curled up there with a summer blanket and watched that through the middle afternoon when I really fell asleep. I did put something on for dinner but only for that long and then Jessy and I were trying on outfits and I ended up in just socks and my good ivory-coloured satin panties, just because. For watching the game down stairs I wrapped up in snuggly zip-up blanket.

Oh, of course we have all been watching the Series. Daddy's 'home team' has always been Philadelphia, even through living at the NJ Shore, at Staten Island and even at London over the course of his life. So this week has been exciting for us. As I write this 'we' (optimistic Philadelphia fans) are up two games to one and looking good for a third tonight in the fourth... at home in Philadelphia, etc. Some time in the 6th inning I excused myself and came up here to type. I have been so tardy on this blog since I was sick. But just the sound of the game coming off Jessy's computer in the next room isn't enough. I wrapped up in the snuggly blanket again (without the panties this time!) and went back down to watch the end of the game.

This just in-- the Phillies won. 'One more and that's it,' Daddy said. Yay.

...

No comments: